Monday, October 5, 2009

Welcome to my nightmare

You just never know where life will take you. Sunday evening (10/4/09) my wife and I were eating at a nearby Village Inn when we heard a loud bang. We really weren't sure what the sound was until we were paying for our meal.

The manager was on the phone with the police describing a man who had just fired a gun in the men's room. From her description I recalled seeing the guy running outside the window. We finished paying for the meal and left.

On our way home we saw the man walking quickly north along near the buildings along the roadway. I called 911 and reported where he was. I kept watching him until he went into a supermarket. I told the police where he was, parked my truck to watch the entrances and identified him as he came out of the store. The police took him down and told me that I may have prevented a much more serious event from taking place. Channel Six News from Omaha covered the story.

Just goes to show, you never know where a gunman might be, in the local diner or next to you in line at the supermarked. Keep your eyes open but, keep at a distance. Be safe. - bkc

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like quite the evening.Glad everyone is safe. ... Yvette (Allan's wife)

    ReplyDelete